Monday, May 17, 2010

THE Cinderella Story

'Cinderella' is my second most favorite fairy tale. I was arranging my sister's fairy-tale dolls and thought clouds with Cinderella tags popped over my head. Unassuming, ordinary, poor Ella by the cinders... Magical fairy Godmother (whose role was taken by daVinci in Drew Barrymore's medieval rendition and online chat in Hilary Duff's high school version)... Prince Charming... Love... Happily ever after. Develop the hints!

I was playing the story in my mind and then it struck me - mine is a perfect Cinderella story. Hold your breath. Yeah, I get to be Cinderella in my story. And okay, I am Cinderella sans the beauty, the soft-spokenness, the charm and the long, flowing hair. Big-time-loser -> that was me. My childhood wasn't exactly royalty. Nor was any other phase. ;). Growing up, my best friends were milkmaids and annas who were giving their sixth grade final exams the 6th or 7th go. I was scared of people. Scared of embarrassment. I would rather not play than strike out in a game. I thought I would never be able to do anything good. at all.

Man, who knew it was the cue for the Prince!

My Cinderella story has this slight twist - there's no fairy godmother.In mine, the Prince came looking for me. He knew how pathetic my life was and still chose me. He made my life most beautiful. Gave me everything, even my wishes that were yet unasked. 'Christ in Brazil' was my dream from class eight. Who'd have guessed that this small town girl would one day get to see the Redeemer in all splendor! I hadn't met any girl from a university choir who had been attending a choir-less church back home till I saw myself in the mirror after a college Christmas recital. This Prince Charming has given me amazing love at home, loads of friends, opportunities, health, money, joy, peace.. everything. To top it, He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love... (Song of Songs 2:4)

His turn to speak. and He says : My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely. (Song of Songs 2:14)


Tell you what, I feel like I am living a dream. Feel like I am living a fairy tale - The Cinderella Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you