Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wells I did not dig...

Sometime back, on my way to work, I was flipping through the pages of Deuteronomy and this verse stared full at my face. 


God in His 'Promise-keeper' role has been very very familiar to me. All these years, day-in, day-out, I have seen His promises come to pass. I sure would have read these verses before, but now suddenly they made so much sense.  


When the LORD your God brings you into the land... to give you - a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant... 
(Deut 6: 10, 11)


The Hiedelberg catechism says this about the Providence of God: Providence is the almighty and ever present power of God by which he upholds, as with his hand, heaven and earth and all creatures, and so rules them that leaf and blade, rain and drought, fruitful and lean years, food and drink, health and sickness, prosperity and poverty— all things, in fact, come to us not by chance but from his fatherly hand. 


Been there. Felt that.


It is amazing how God handcrafts circumstances in my life to bring forth His providence and ever-increase my faith and awe. I can only sing thanks and praises with a thousand tongues for He has given me large and beautiful cities that I did not build... fills me from vineyards and olive trees that  I did not plant... and satisfies me from wells which I did not dig.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genesis 22:8 - Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you