Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Under the Juniper Tree

I am sitting on my bed – totally wrapped and still shivering. And I remember what used to, two months back, incessantly blare inside my head – RUN.RUN.RUN. I didn’t know where or how. But just wanted to run away. More like Elijah, Just that my circumstances were not all that threatening. Well, they weren’t even bad.

I have no idea why or how I landed in Brazil. And from Mount Moriah to here in Curitiba, the hand of providence has been ever faithful. How beautifully God provides for, making the road rise up to meet me.

The beauty of God carrying me when I ask Him if He would walk along.

The unknown mumbaikar, who helped me with the baggage and offered his language dictionary without which I would’ve been thought as mute here.

The lovely couple that took me in – not just into the house but also into their family.

The comfortable work place where we perch as friends rather than colleagues.

The situations that made M and S move from Boa Vista just a week before I came here. We’re now neighbors with the best neighbors in the world! Barney, Sol n Salon – The biggest blessing!

The music that lifts my spirits up. Barney’s guitar and The City’s songs.

Salon’s table of food like the Zarephath widow’s kneading bowl - never goes empty.

The amazing church in English and the awesomeness of God leading me there.

The even more amazing ways in which He kept talking to me even through the Portuguese services!

The choir and the music.*God, you never let me run away from that, do you?*

Trusty people to hang around with and unexpected opportunities to visit places.

The big bunch of friends who care, laugh along and make life fun.

The ever comforting, ever near, ever so close Presence.

I see providence with every passing minute. I am flattered and more than grateful! I look back and see just one set of footprints. I look above and see a Juniper Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you