Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Supernatural Surprise

I like surprises. They sort of catch you off-guard and for a split second you are lost for reaction. This surprise came in the most supernatural way that even though a week has passed, I haven’t figured out how to react.
I have honestly lost count of the surprises that God throws my way. They come in all sizes. It was a couple of weeks before that I was telling God how it had been a while since He showed the ‘Love Symbols’ that we shared. A few of my favorites are The Glowworm, The Butterfly, The Eagle and The Rainbow. I was yet to see a rainbow in Brazil, which so happened to be God’s more preferred way of saying ‘love ya!’ four years in college. So I was insisting God surprise me in some way on my trip to ‘Foz Do Iguacu’ last weekend.

And I knew He would! I was at the ‘Cataratas’, climbing up the mountain and I told God with a smirk – “You know Lord, sometimes I think I can predict you. I know you are definitely gonna put a rainbow in there and I am not going to be surprised. :P”

I was near the waters and I saw three brilliant rainbows. So beautiful, in places you can never imagine! I felt so thrilled. But then I was also teasing God saying, “I knew it Lord! I so knew it. Your surprise didn’t pass”. It felt like God was smiling back and saying “Look Up”. I did and I was.. ‘bowled over’ doesn’t even get as close as a hundred miles. There were like thirty eagles – Swooping, swarming, resting, soaring. I can never possibly put that feeling into words. The eagles on mountain tops! Even incredible is believable..This one was way beyond.

I felt so so humbled – at His splendor, at His majesty, at His unfathomable self. I wanted to fall on my knees and bow in reverence. The voice of many waters – The voice of the Lord. I almost choked to tears. I will never understand His ways. His methods. His plans.

And I remembered what ‘The Baptist’ said in his sermon the week before.
“If the things God does are small and simple enough for me to understand, He wouldn’t be big enough for me to worship”.

Someone had planted a wooden board on the way and it read (In English, to my joy!) :
Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
Mightier than the waves of the sea –
The Lord on high is mighty.
Psalm 93:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you